On November 1, all app-propriate attention will turn to the Javits Center in New York City for Apps World North America 2011. Attendees will network with industry leading brands and developers to discover the future of multi-platform apps.
Apps World offers two days of action packed engaging content including 30+ sessions, across three tracks covering all aspects of the social media and apps ecosystem:
- Marketing Track: Day one of the marketing track considers how apps can work within a comprehensive mobile marketing plan – with contributions from big brands making waves in the sector – before moving on to exploring some of the latest innovations that marketers should have on their radar.
- Developer Zone: The Apps World developers’ workshop will be the place for app developers and entrepreneurs to focus on the development of profitable apps across different apps stores. Technical presentations from leading developers and apps stores will cover a myriad of opportunities and challenges faced when developing apps.
- Social Media Marketing Forum: This track explores the broader impact social media is having on consumer behaviour. It examines the strategy for using this new channel in marketing and PR. From monitoring ROI to building online communities.
With 100+ speakers from top names in the industry including Twitter, AT&T, Radian6, Google TV, Yahoo, and Bing, at 3:40pm EST, our Founder and President, Calvin Carter, will host a panel of our most notable clients to discuss “Evolving Mobile Apps Strategy for the Tablet Market.”
- How are leading publishers, entertainment providers and brands evolving their app strategy to integrate tablets?
- Are tablets always relevant – and how to justify and measure return on investment
- How far do mobile apps need to be adapted for tablets? Should brand & content providers be looking at tablet specific apps?
- Is it all about the iPad, or are other tablets relevant and worthy of the additional development investment
- Convergence – are we moving to a market where apps are portable across all devices: mobile, tablet, laptop, TV?
Moderator: Calvin Carter, Founder & President, Bottle Rocket Apps
Devin Pedzwater, Creative Director, Spin Media
Evan Silverman, Senior Vice President, Digital Media, A&E TV
Robert Spier, Director, Mobile Product Development, Scripps Networks
With Juniper Research citing, “North American mobile content and apps revenues to approach $10 billion by 2015,” the U.S. has truly embraced the applications market. Considered a relatively mature app market, the stats (according to Pew Research) show that even with 24% of U.S. adults using apps, there is still massive market potential.
American consumerism has created an ideal environment for all things apps and brands are hoping to fully exploit this platform to command the attention of their customers and potential customers via their placement on the mobile screen. Researchers predict that one-third of U.S. homes will have “connected TV” by 2015 which means that all arrows point to TV apps and a chance for viewers to see their TVs not as a big box in the living room, but rather as a multimedia device that is as connected as their pc and mobile device.
Apps World North America 2011 will delve into these topics and more as we bring together many of the region’s top app Developers, Network Operators, OS Vendors, Brand & Marketing Managers and Technology Providers; looking to connect, build partnerships and network whilst becoming educated and inspired by the latest developments within this exciting industry.