Just in time for this year’s presidential campaign, The Washington Post launches “WP Politics,” a new iPad app for politics, developed in conjunction with Bottle Rocket. With access to The Post’s award-winning political coverage and photos, graphics, animation and video, the app is ideal for anyone interested in staying up-to-date on the approaching election and beyond.
The WP Politics app for iPad uses engaging tools, interactive maps and photo-based, curated headlines to keep users informed and entertained in a new, stylish way. The app has the following features:
- The Fact Checker – The Post’s blog that sorts political fact from fiction with video that uses Pinocchio’s nose to let you know in real time when a candidate is misleading
- Candidate Issues Tracker – tracks the candidates’ stances on key issues, how they compare to one another and whether those stances have changed over time
- Polling Maps – shows the latest pulse of the race, searchable by state and time
- Historical Maps – a look at every state election in American history since 1789 and select Washington Post articles written before and after every election since 1880
- Campaign Files – allows users to filter information by candidate and issue
- And more!
The WP Politics App is available for free from the App Store. A monthly subscription is available for $2.99 through In-App Purchase that gives users access to The Insiders’ Corner and any content featured in Campaign Files that has not been published in the last 48 hours.
Congratulations to The Washington Post and the Bottle Rocket team on another great app!
Download the app here – http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spg-mobile-app/id312306003?l=es&mt=8