more than an app-enabled robot, it’s the internet of things
LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Robot Commander
MINDSTORMS EV3 is LEGO’s robotic line for both children interested in robotics and adults who make prototypes and engineering projects. Bottle Rocket worked with LEGO to build an app that allows users to remotely control their LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 products from a mobile device. Get it now on the App Store and Google Play.
LEGO integrated new technology to inspire builders young and old
Innovation and more information
The engagement with LEGO included discovery meetings along with support for a live demo of the product at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES). The project was initially started in Unity, but as we moved through strategy, design, and development, we quickly realized it was best to go native. The LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 kit includes an intelligent brick computer, a set of modular sensors and motors, and LEGO parts from the Technics line so users can take five predesigned robots and make them into their own custom creations. The app connects with the robots via Bluetooth to bring their distinct features to life. Robot Commander controls LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 robots that walk, talk, think and do anything imaginable – all from a mobile device. Building on LEGO’s already stellar reputation for inspiring creativity and ingenuity in young minds, this technology is a brand extension that further encourages kids of all ages to experiment, build and make their ideas a reality.
LEGO MINDSTORMS is the brand extension that’s taking legendary LEGO innovation into the mobile world.
- Connects via Bluetooth to the EV3 Intelligent Brick
- Third-party voice recognition via Nuance
- Control TRACK3R’s mechanical tracks to steer out of danger - hammer, shoot, or clear a path using the interchangeable tools
- Pitch control SPIK3R’s claws to clasp
- Steer GRIPP3R to their target and at a touch of a button
- Lift and carry the item to its destination
- Featured in a 2014 Apple Commercial
- 4+ Rating in the App Store